Woo Monday! Sorry this is a little late! Hope the day has been well so far, and I hope you know the drill by now. Here we go!
1. Well, unfortunately I’m starting off with some bad news. Someone very close to me is in the hospital right now, a few thousand miles and an ocean away, which has served as yet another reminder to tell everyone you love, that you love them as often as possible. They are supposed to have heart surgery today so I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Hospitals, let alone surgery, really freak me out so I’m trying to just wait until I hear back from those that are actually there.
2. As some of you may know, Kina Grannis is a lovely up and coming musician. She won the Dorito’s Crash the Superbowl Contest where the music video for her song “Message from the Heart” was played during the Super Bowl Commercials and she won a record deal! She posts covers and new songs often on her Youtube account and recently covered John Mayer’s (whom I adore) song “Say.” At the end of the song she mentions that she is preparing for a marathon with Team and Training which supports the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Good music AND supporting a good cause? Totally awesome in my book. She talks about it around 3:17 minutes.
3. Thanks to Facebook I was notified of an eBay auction going on right now! Music for Relief is auctioning off a bunch of goodies to help the survivors of cyclone Nargis in Myanmar/Burma. Check it out right here!
4. Speaking of music, my favorite song of the moment: Yael Naim’s “New Soul.” I am in love with the music video too! Have a look, and listen. ☺
5. Sex and the City will be watched at some point this week. I can’t wait! It really is a good excuse for a girls night out. We’ve been waiting for this movie to come out for how long?! Too long!
Okay have a wonderful week everyone and Top 5 with me!