He sits in the front row, large, a large man with large hands and large ears, dry lips, fresh-cut hair, pink skin, clear eyes that don’t blink, a nice man, calm, that’s the impression he gives, a quiet man who knows how to listen; he is listening now as she sways on the stage in a short black dress and reads one poem about the time she slit her wrists and another poem about a man she still sees and a third poem about a cruel thing he himself said to her six years ago that she never forgot and never understood, and he knows that when she is finished everyone will clap and a few, mostly women, will come up and kiss her, and she will drink far too much wine, far too quickly, and all the way home she will ask, “What did you think, what did you really think?” and he will say, “I think it went very well”—which is, in fact, what he does think—but later that night, when she is asleep, he will lie in their bed and stare at the moon through a spot on the glass that she missed.
- 8,160 x infinity
TAG [YOU’RE IT]Accessible Media alice in wonderland Apparel April Rodriguez bbq best teriyaki black friday blind cat cheesy tots Chrismas Coachella 2011 coffee compassion Conception Cupcaking Daft Punk Dedication downsizing Downtown Los Angeles DTLA Eric Tordesillas food truck fest Frosted global leadership going half marathons Halloween 2011 Hawaii His Holiness Holiday inspiring Internment Camps Japanese American jean follain Jeff Berwick kobe burger lewis carroll Life Rolls On Mad Hatter Costume manly burger Manzanar Memorial Music Festivals NDN netbook New Nextdoor Neighbor Nike Women's Marathon 2011 nook NWM 2011 Pearl Harbor perspective picnic Pinkberry pit burger poetry R2D2 Costume Richard Paul Evans Rock n' Roll Los Angeles 2011 royal t cafe rules for living Rumors running San Francisco Silent Spring smile Smiles TED The Walking Dead uci umami burger Wishlist work XIV Dalai Lama
- Finally caught up on #JaneTheVirgin and OMG 😮 This show is so well done, I haven’t been this shocked by a season fi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- I’m not even done with my M.S. yet and am eyeballing another masters program 🤓 I say this as I prioritize sleep ove… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- @godfreyland That is sad. I am always up to wobble. 🙋🏾♀️ 3 days ago
- @PassThePeace Right? I wanted to retweet everything he’s been posting 🙇🏾♀️ 5 days ago
- Welcome back, Mr. West! Give us all your wisdom. 🧐🤗 twitter.com/kanyewest/stat… 6 days ago
Online website by Tiana Mayumi Martin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.